Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Political Beast

The U.S. is getting close to an election that I believe will be very important. I've tried to stay away from politics on this blog because I believe that my blog was just for getting to know me and my writing and other sundry things, but I'm almost to the point of letting loose here.

Normally I love to argue politics with family and friends, but I get highly passionate and incensed when I do so. Although I may seem upset, I have never felt any less toward anyone who argues against me or disagrees with my views. I may laugh at them to myself afterwards, but I've never lost a friendship over politics. I also prefer to argue in person with people that I'm comfortable with, not put myself out there for the world to see. I do that enough with my books.

But politics is ugly. Always has been, always will be. I don't like ugliness (I'm not talking about appearances here). And now it's become divisive. I can't believe some people think the way they do. Actually I believe they aren't thinking because if they did they wouldn't vote they way they plan to.

So although I hold strong opinions about this upcoming election, I'm keeping them to myself. I won't change anyone's mind who doesn't think like me, and if they already think like me, Why argue? But I do plan to vote.

I just can't believe this election is at all close and considered a legitimate and valid electoral race.

--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

No comments: