Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Reading...and painting

No, not that kind of painting. Painting rooms. I spent the weekend repainting one entire room and one wall of my daughter's new room. Since her two sisters are away at college, she moved into her older sister's bigger room, and I moved into her old room. Not exactly. I converted it into my office. And that required paint to change the bright pink walls into a soothing green. My daughter's room now sports an island, the ocean and the bright blue sky. Very creative, if I do say so myself. Latent talent there.

But after two days of painting, I can't move without pain, so no way I'm taking this up as a career switch.

And, yes, I know: you're not supposed to change or get rid of your college bound child's room. They need to come home to it to feel still loved, but we warned the twins, and in our case it wasn't one unused room, but two, so they'll just have to lump it.

I am so heartless.
--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (makes you love books all the more)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey

No comments: