Sunday, October 02, 2005

1000 places to see before you die...

In the book of the same title, Patricia Schultz lists the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Now, it's easy for me to see this particular event because I live here, but that doesn't diminish the joy one feels as the hundreds (yes, literally hundreds, maybe even a thousand today) of hot air balloons take to the air and fill the morning sky with color and shapes and whimsey. You can't help but smile. My sister has never been and has said that she lived in a place with a balloon fiesta and it was nice. She doesn't get it. This is huge. You've never seen so many hot air balloons in one place. We took 120 pictures this morning (Thank God for digital cameras). Sometime in your life you should make the effort and see this amazing event.

So now I can cross off one more of the 1000 things I have to see before I die.

Hey, if I've been ten times, is my total of places to see now 990?
--Gabi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Stonehenge on the list? I've seen it 5 times (just in the last 6 months) so I must only have 955 left.

Gabi Stevens said...

As a matter of fact, Stonehenge is on the list. One down, 999 to go. (I guess we don't get to count things twice.)
--Gabi