Sunday, January 04, 2009

Odd Thoughts

Happy 2009!

I hate to say it. I'm looking forward to getting back to the work routine. Not that I didn't love the break, because I did, but with family here, the daughters home from college, I didn't accomplish half of what I had wanted to. So I'm actually looking forward to returning to school and teaching. This is a first for me. I know exactly what I am teaching (Huck Finn--which, as a complete aside, fills me with terror that some day I'll switch letters on the title or character, as I am prone to do, and say something completely inappropriate for eighth graders), I'll have my office back (as soon as one daughter goes back to college) and, I guess I have to admit it, gives me a reason not to sleep in. I love sleeping in.

So new year, new possibilities, but as I've written here before, I believe newness can come at any time. This is just a convenient time to dwell upon it because of the calendar.
--Gabi


Books I'm reading now:
Eclispe by Stephanie Meyer
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
The Spearwielder's Tale (3 novels) by R.A. Salvatore
Brightly Burning by Mercedes Lackey

No comments: