Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Changes

No, this isn't a blog about the election (And how many people did you have calling your house today to vote? We stopped counting at 16). It's about changes and the things we want to change and the changes that are thrust upon us.

Too often we are complacent in our lives and not wanting to risk anything that might upset the status quo. But I believe, and I always have, that most change is good. It helps you grow, it helps you learn, it helps you live. Change can be painful, but in most changes bring positive energy into your life. At least they have in mine.

I've been meditating why lately I've been afraid to take those risks that bring change. Goodness knows, I would enjoy a change in my life right now (and no, I'm not talking about changing husbands or children for that matter). And I guess I've had change--my daughters are off at college, but that really was just a natural extension of events--but I'm looking for some sort of personal change. I have set some wheels in motion, so now I an actively pursueing a change. I'm certainly ready for a change in the writing career.

So, Universe, are you listening? I'm ready for a change.
--Gabi

--Books I'm reading now:
Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister
The Undead Next Door by Kerilyn Sparks

No comments: