Monday, November 28, 2005

A little on luck...

I have none. Not good luck, not bad luck. I've always known that I can't depend on serendipity to get me where I want to be. Take writing, for example. I know I need to write the best stories I can, because luck will take me nowhere. I've met editors who like me, who like my work, who push for me at their publishing houses, and then they leave the company before I sell a book to them. Some might consider this bad luck, but then one would have to consider the first part good luck as well. I just believe theses two unrelated events cancel each other out, leaving me with no luck. I don't play games that require luck to win--Risk, for example, or gambling of any sort-- because if I can't depend on skill, I know I won't win. My daughter, on the other hand, wins everything. If there's a raffle or drawing she's entered, she wins. Ah, well. Maybe I'll have her pick out lottery numbers. (Sorry, don't play the lottery either.)

Books I'm reading now: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (have seen the movie, loved it, and just wanted to remember how much I love the books); When Chritmas Comes, by Debbie Macomber. Gosh, is that really all? I just don't have the time right now.

--Gabi

No comments: