Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finished

The WIP(work in progress)is finished. One of the best parts of being a writer is typing "the end." Now I'm giving myself a week before starting revisions, but I love revising. The book needs fleshing out and reduction in some areas and reworking in others. I have to make sure the details are right, the logic isn't ignored, and that it reads well.

There's something so satisfying about finishing a novel. I mean the writing aspect. Yes, finishing one that you've read can be satisfactory as well, but the sense of accomplishment after writing is a magical feeling. You've really done something. Whether or not it ever gets published. You've written a book.

So I'm off now to revising. And believe it or not, I've already started a new novel. I have only three pages, but it's a start.

--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
In Defense of Elitism by William A Henry
The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I loved that part of writing the best.