Monday, June 12, 2006

Some interesting writer links...

Did you ever want to know the inner workings of a publishing professional's devious brain? Did you ever want to know what they really think about so many of us writers? Combine the answers to these two questions and you've found my newest obsessions--Evil Editor and Miss Snark. (Perhaps obsession is a harsh word, since I am looking for a new agent and a receptive editor for my work and you never know who might be "listening" in.) Evil Editor is an actual NY editor who doesn't pull punches and often has me laughing til I snort with his inner thoughts about queries. Miss Snark is an actual NY agent who does the same. I love reading these blogs and have honestly learned a lot from both of them (and had my daily doses of schadenfreude--look it up). You can find these two at the following links:
Evil Editor
Miss Snark

Another great site I'm hooked on is Kristin Nelson's blog, Pub Rants. An agent in Denver, Miss Nelson offers much information about the biz, although I don't get my daily dose of schadenfreude from her. (Again, look it up.)
Pub Rants

These sites have links to other interesting sites too. So if you want a chuckle or two and some great information about publishing, visit these sites. I know I do.
--Gabi

Books I'm reading now:
Bump in the Night--Anthology
Quirky Kids--a text I have to read for a class I'm taking--way to ruin a summer by having required texts to read.
The Explosive Child--see note above

But I'm Writing !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the link to your blog by looking up Evil Editor. You mentioned here that he is an actual New York editor. Do people know that for sure?

I think his blog looks like great fun. I would just like to know if he is legitimately an editor.