Sunday, January 08, 2006

Procrastination, thy name is...I

I'm giving a talk tomorrow night at a local Hastings Bookstore, and while I have a title ("Who needs Grammar? That's what an Editor is for" and other Ways to Sabotage Your Career), I have no idea what I'm speaking about. Oh I'll have something by the time I show up, notes, ideas, etc., but the talk would go much smoother if I were better prepared. But it's late, and I had laundry to fold, and I have to work tomorrow. I'll be fine once I get started, but I don't know why I'm putting myself through this. I actually like to give talks, but I usually am better prepared.

Having said that, I am also leading a local romance readers' group on Tuesday. I've read the book, but I haven't prepared anything for it either. I might be forming bad habits here.

Recent reads: Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie, Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz, and currently I'm reading I'm No Angel by Patti Berg.

--Gabi

No comments: